(I know it’s Blackout Wednesday, but my blog is not really enough of a destination on the web to be worth taking down. Do take a moment to contact your representatives and senators, to tell them how awful this legislation is, please!)
This is the conference with the most social activities ever. I’m half-introvert, so this will be a bit of a stretch for me. But it’ll also be awesome! I hope to meet like a million fantastic people—no problem, right?—and get a good start on my Emerging Leaders project (Librarians Build Communities).
Btw: I made a map. And I am delighted to report that my iPhone can read it! (When did that happen?)
- 6-9pm: Finish packing
- Later: Board red-eye
- Arrive in Dallas in the afternoon
- Try to check in early to Sheraton for a nap
- Maybe show up at registration? (No, looks like that doesn’t open until Friday.)
- 7pm: Teleconference with Alaska Library Association
- 8:30pm: EL & Friends Meetup at Iron Cactus
- 8am-5pm: Emerging Leaders Workshop
- 6-7pm: Reception with ELs at Omni Dallas Hotel
- 8pm: Emerging Leaders Meetup & Social at City Tavern
- 8:30-9:30am: ALA Master Series: A Library occupies Occupy Wall Street
- 10:30am-12pm: NMRT Executive Board Meeting
- 12:30-1pm: ALA Masters Series: Dallas Public Library on Re-imagining the Public Library in a Post-Recession Economy
- 1:30-3:30pm: NMRT Membership, Networking & Committee Interest Meeting; if I’m not needed there, I’ll head over to RUSA MARS Hot Topics Discussion Forum–that’s been great in the past!
- 4-5:30pm: Progressive Librarians Guild Meeting (unless I’m getting tired by then)
- 5:30-7:30pm: NMRT Social at City Tavern
- 7:30-10pm: 5th Annual Newbie and Veteran Tweetup at the Anvil Pub
- Thereafter: ALA MW ’12 After Hours Social at LaGrange
- (8am is going to be much too early, but…) SummonCamp
- 10-11am: John Green – yeah, I’ll have to leave SummonCamp early, but I really like Vlogbrothers!
- 11am-noon: Maybe pop into NMRT/LLAMA New Leaders Discussion Group!
- 1-3pm: The Midwinter Conversation: Transforming Librarianship
- 6:30pm: STS Dinner at City Tavern
- Thereafter: Elsevier Dessert Reception at Eddie Deen’s Ranch
- 8-10am: LITA Town Meeting (if I can drag myself out of bed in time)
- 10am: Meeting about LibraryCamp
- 11:30am-1pm: Springer Innovations for Academic Libraries Lunch and Learn Session (Hyatt)
- 2-3pm: Exhibits closing with Lisa Loeb
- 3:30-5pm: Library Camp – which I’m helping out with! Please come, if you’re still in town!
- Maybe find a steak house for dinner. I mean, it’s Texas, right?
- Go to the Zoo/Aquarium
- And maybe Dallas Public Library?
- And where else should I go?
This work, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.